The vessel Laurana was built at the Cantieri Navali del Quarnaro shipyards in the Italian Fiume (today Rijeka, Croatia) between the years 1938-1939. After her launch she was used in the coastal line of the Adriatic sea.
Neraida Floating Museum will be berthed at the Flisvos Marina from April 10 to July 20 2014.
For the museum’s schedule, visit here.
On September 14th, 2013, at the 103rd anniversary of the birth of John S. Latsis, the vessel Neraida began her return journey to her original destinations of the Argosaronic Gulf.
Neraida remained for over 30 years at the port facilities of Elefsis and in 2007 it was decided to refurbish and convert her into a floating museum.
John Latsis purchased the Laurana in December 1949 from a Maltese coastal shipping company. In early 1950 the vessel sailed for her first route under her new owner in the Argosaronic Gulf with her original name given to her by the Italians about ten years prior.
The vessel Laurana was built at the Cantieri Navali del Quarnaro shipyards at the Italian Fiume (today Rijeka, Croatia) between the years 1938-1939. After her launch, she was used at the coastal shipping line of the Adriatic Sea.